Monday, January 19, 2009

Masquerade

This week's look is inspired by the song "Masquerade" from the Phantom of the Opera. Whenever I hear it, it gets stuck in my head, and the idea for the look came to me last time I was listening to the soundtrack. For those of you who don't know the song, here's a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxKjDUrmecA

(and, while you're at it, this is my favourite scene from the whole play: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dp4UqGxOeHk :)

First, I drew the golden lines with MAC Gold pigment in order to define the shape where the other shadows should be applied, then I used MAC's #219 to apply White pigment, Sushi Flower and Passionate eyeshadows, and finally I applied some Deckchair to blend White and Sushi Flower together, and blended the outer corners with the #217 blending brush. Last, I lined the lower lid with Gold and added some simple ornaments on my cheek with a thin brush. Everything was finished off with white kohl on the waterline and black mascara:






Product List
Eyes: MAC Bare Canvas, MAC White, MAC Deckchair, MAC Sushi Flower, MAC Passionate, MAC Gold, Maybelline Expression kohl in white, CG Lash Blast
Face: MAC SFF NC15, MAC Studio Finish NC15, PL April' Mix, MAC Dollymix, MAC Lightscapade
Lips: essence Glam Girl l/s

No comments:

Post a Comment