Monday, June 9, 2014

L'OREAL COLOR RICHE L'OMBRE PURE EYESHADOWS

L'Oreal Color Riche L'ombre Pure Eyeshadows L-R - 201, 206, 205

I've seen the L'Oreal Colour Riche L'ombre pure eyeshadows circling the blogosphere and so I thought I would have a swatch in boots. I don't normally buy mono eyeshadows unless they're Mac as I find palettes normally are better value and work well in my make up kit.

I'm already in love with these, they have a buttery texture (as they are gel infused) and are extremely pigmented, especially in the darker shades. I've just done a light swatch above, but they can be built up and are a lot more pigmented than the photo shows. The colour selections are beautiful and they are long lasting on the eyes. 

There are so many different shades to choose from in the range - mattes, shimmers, chameleon/two toned colours, warm tones and cool tones. I swatched nearly all of them and couldn't find a shade that I didn't like. They are best applied to the eyes with your finger or I like to use a flat shader brush to pack on the colour and blend out with my finger.

I prefer to wear light shimmery colours on my eyes and so I chose colours from the 'nude' selection. I picked 201 'Cafe Saint Germain' because it reminded me of a lighter version of By Terry Misty Rock. It's a beautiful shimmery purple taupe that looks beautiful all over and under the eye. 206 'Little beige dress' reminded me of my all time favourite eyeshadow Naked lunch, its lighter but when swatched has the same peachy pink running through it. It's such a pretty colour for all over the lid or as an inner corner highlight and under the brow bone. 205 'Sable lamé' is a stunning light gold with glitter running through it. I love light shimmery golds and I couldn't resist getting this shade to wear with Mac RiRi Woo at Christmas (early I know, but its just so pretty!)

Although they are quite expensive at £5.49 for a mono eyeshadow, you do get a lot of product and they are currently on offer 3 for 2 in Superdrug. I really recommend having a swatch next time you're in store as these really are worth the hype!

No comments:

Post a Comment