Friday, January 6, 2012

2012 People's Choice Awards

The People’s Choice Awards is next week on January 11th! As I stated last year, it’s not one of my favorite award shows because, frankly, I find a lot of the things it rewards are undeserving (Twilight: Eclipse won favorite movie last year – really??). But I guess I keep forgetting that the awards are for “FAVORITE Movie/TV/Music….” instead of “BEST Fill-in-the-Blank.”

Either way, the “awards” aren’t going to be the reason I’m watching... Of course, there’s the fashion! I’m pumped about the first big celebrity fashion gathering of the new year. BUT what I’m MOST excited about is seeing The Hunger Games cast trio finally together for the first time! I’m crossing my fingers that they might even show some new footage. Doubtful, but I can dream!

Now, just for funzies, I went through some of the many categories and gave my picks (within the confines of the oftentimes restricting and limited nominee list):

Movie: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Pt 2
Movie Actress: Emma Stone
Movie Icon: Harrison Ford
Action Movie: X-Men: First Class
Comedy Movie: Crazy Stupid Love
Comedic Actor: Bradley Cooper
Comedic Actress: Emma Stone
Ensemble Movie Cast: X-Men: First Class
Movie Superhero: Chris Evans

Network TV Drama: Supernatural
TV Drama Actor: Ian Somerhalder
TV Drama Actress: Nina Dobrev
Cable TV Drama: Game of Thones
Network TV Comedy: The Big Bang Theory
TV Comedy Actor: Jim Parsons
TV Comedy Actress: Tina Fey
Sci-fi/Fantasy Show: Supernatural
New TV Comedy: New Girl

Female Artist: Adele
Song of the Year: "Rolling in the Deep" by Adele
Album of the Year: 21 by Adele
Pop Artist: Katy Perry
Band: Maroon 5
Country Artist: Taylor Swift

Will you be watching the People's Choice Awards on January 11th? What/who are you most excited to see?

No comments:

Post a Comment