Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas 2009

So I had a really bad make up day today and screwed up not one, but two looks I had intended to do for the blog! I wasn't really inspired and so I decided to better wait until I come up with something worth painting. In the meantime, I would like to share some pics from Christmas with you :)

On the weekend before Christmas, we had an insane amount of snow here (well - at least for us, as it only snows about once every winter!) - so much that we had to wait until the next day to catch a train back to Cologne. Here's the view from our back and front windows:





Unprecedented amounts of snow!


Ice flowers forming on our window panes at about -10°C!



Most of the snow had already melted again before Christmas Eve, but some remained and we actually had a white christmas - the last time I've seen this must have been more than 20 years ago!

Holiday magic - our living room just after Santa Claus left all the presents :)



I got the cutest teapot from my parents!


And here's what I got for Christmas:
  • "tea for one" teapot
  • cute pink mitts
  • "Love Actually" on blu-ray
  • "Maskerade" by Terry Pratchett
  • Price & Kensington tea pot & mugs in pink with white polka dots
  • Angel of Music shirt
  • fluffy mint-coloured bath mat
  • hairbrush
  • perfume "Daisy" by Marc Jacobs
  • MAC Studio Fix Fluid
  • Bloch cardigan in black for ballet training
  • plush octopus
  • "Pirate Latitudes" by Michael Crichton
  • and a shitload of warm socks for my cold feet!





This is the most whimsical hairbrush I have ever seen ♥!

"Phantom of the Opera - Angel of Music" t-shirt

My husband was given a "Bikini Bottom" Monopoly:



Yes, our Christmas tree decoration involves manatees.

1001 ways to use an octopus.

No comments:

Post a Comment