Wednesday, January 19, 2011

2011 Golden Globes: Best Dressed List



The Golden Globes have comeand gone. You know my opinion when it comes to who won the awards, but who didI think ruled the red carpet? Like the People’s Choice Awards, I was a bitdisappointed, but I do applaud many of the stars for their fashion risks. Did Ilike many of the fashion risks? No, but a lot of fashion “experts” did, and theyended up on many best dressed lists so good for them. But here’s my list ofbest dressed ladies, and it’s filled with what many might call “safe” choices,but whatever, it's my list and they look gorgeous to me. I've also included those who almost made the cut, but for one reason or another, just didn't quite do so.

#1 - Dianna Agron
I love everything aboutthis look! Hair, dress, makeup, accessories, even the black nail polish! Diannalooks absolutely gorgeous, channeling old Hollywood in this J.Mendel gown! Asone of my friends said, “She's just so perfect!” It’s so true.

#2 - Carrie Underwood
Carrie is always one of myfavorites on the red carpet, and she once again looked fabulous in a quartzsequin strapless gown by Badgley Mischka Couture. She absolutely glows and what an amazing smile!




#3 - Sarah Hyland
I’m one of the few who don’t watch Modern Family so I don’t know who she is, but I absolutely adore this CafĂ© Au Lait Max Azria gown. It's so elegant, and the color is simply gorgeous on her. I wish I could steal this dress, I love it so much. 

#3 – Mila Kunis
I am in love with the color ofthis emerald Vera Wang gown! Just stunning! She looks like a grecian goddess!

#4 – Megan Fox
Why does she look so poutyin all her pictures? It’s so unflattering, and she's very pretty. Nevertheless, I can’t deny that I love her pale pink Giorgio Armani PrivĂ© gown. If only she would smile and wear some less severe makeup, she'd look amazing.


#5 – Milla Jovovich
Underrated much? I don’t think I’ve seenanyone say anything about this gown, and I have NO idea why. It and Milla lookstunning!

#6 – Olivia Wilde
The gown that’s on nearlyevery Best Dressed list. At first look, I thought it was too much, but I’veactually come to like it. Plus with a gown by Marchesa, shoes by Christian Louboutin,and jewelry by Tiffany’s, how do you go wrong? Talk about the ultimate combination!

#7 – Helen Mirren
I sure do hope I have Helen's grace and style when I’m her age. She is just fabulous and the dress is beautiful. Flawless.

#9 - Kyra Sedgwick
Kyra looks so classy andelegant in this orange chiffon Emilio Pucci dress. I don’t know too many whocould pull of this color, but she does so effortlessly.

#10 - Eva Longoria andMandy Moore
I thought Eva looked verysophisticated in her black Zac Posen gown. It was very feminine but also strongat the same time. My one negative is that I feel there is a bit too much fabric at the bottom and it looks like its swallowing her. Mandy Moore wore one of my favorite designers, MoniqueLhullier, and while her hair and makeup do look wonderful, there was justsomething off about the gown that kept this look from being higher on the list. I actually think i would've liked it a lot more if it had just been a deeper blue.

Close...But Not Quite (in no particular order)

 Emma Stone
Love thesilhouette and simplicity of the gown, but not the color, at least on her skin tone. She still looks gorgeous and sophisticated, nevertheless. 

Scarlett Johansson
This Ellie Saab dress is indeed beautiful (I love the detailed beading), but she’s single now, and I feellike she could have done better. I would have loved to see her wearing something bold and striking.


Sandra Bullock
The Marchesa dress isactually incredibly beautiful, but the hair is justhorrible and distracts from its loveliness. Why, Sandra?

Amy Adams
I like the color, hair, andmakeup. But there is something about that giant thing growing along her torso that I just don’tcare for.


Nicole Kidman
Many thought this gown byPrada was too boring. Maybe a little, yes, but I do think she looks very elegant.

Natalie Portman
She is so pretty, but that big sequin rose plastered on her chest is not.

So that's my list, agree/disagree? Who did you like? Comment and let me know! Coming up: My WORST Dressed List!!

No comments:

Post a Comment