Saturday, August 27, 2011

Smoke & Mirrors - Topshop AW11 Make up

Image taken from from Topshop.com
I was browsing Topshop online yesterday when I saw the new AW11 - 'Smoke & Mirrors' Make up collection which is inspired by the high glamour of the early 70's.
Eeeek I am SO excited for Autumn Winter, they are my Favouite months by far!
I went straight into my local Topshop with the intention to get 'Pillow Talk' which is a lovley baby pink lipstick and 'Prim & Proper' which is a dusty pink nail varnish. Unfortunately they didnt have any of the nail varnishes in yet however I tested out most of the other products in the collection.

Lipsticks - 'Pillow talk' - a lovely sheer baby pink however I was really unsure how this would go with my olive skintone so I decided to get 'Rumour has it' Which is a beautiful Dusty Rose colour.

Bronzer - 'Burning Embers' - I think I might have to revist Topshop tomorrow to get this, the blush is a gorgeous apricot color and the terracotta bronzer is quite nice too! I just wish there was more of the blush on there!!

Glow - 'Polished' - Now this was the least of my favourites when I looked online however as soon as I swatched this colour I wanted it straight away! It is a lovley pearly, kind of rosey gold colour. I seriously recommend to go and swatch this colour in real life as the pics don't do it justice. It is quite a small pot for £9 however I am so in love with this colour I know I will repurchase!!!

Eye Pallette in 'Secret Liaisons' - This again had such good colours, I swatched all the colours, the only reason I wouldnt get this is I know I wouldnt wear the darker colours.

Overall I am really impressed with Topshops 'Smoke & Mirrors' collection, I absolutely Love the packaging and the colors are so pretty, well pigmented and good quality. I definately want to get 'Prim & Proper' Nailvarnish and maybe the Bronzer duo aswell.

Has anyone else checked this out yet?
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment