Thursday, September 27, 2012

2012 Emmys: Best Dressed

Hey guys, long time no see! Sorry this is becoming a pattern but believe me when I say I am dealing with some intense personal issues right now that definitely merit the time off from blogging. However, I'm making a quick return because the Emmys were Sunday night (like I need another distraction from doing my homework) and, thus, I had to, of course, do my obligatory Best Dressed list because, as a huge TV fan, the Emmys is an awards show I somewhat care what the results are - and, yes, I realize there are wayyy too many commas in that last sentence haha.

I wasn't as in love with this year's red carpet fashion as I was last year's (of course, last year had Nina Dobrev who just makes any red carpet that much better), but there still plenty of standout looks. Color was definitely a big trend of the night. My favorite being blues and teals. Orange and yellow were also popular colors, but as you can tell from the absence save one on my list, it wasn't a huge hit to me.

Sidenote: Congrats to Homeland and Modern Family on all the wins, but if it were up to me, Breaking Bad (a big ol' freaking congrats to Aaron Paul for Best Supporting, Drama, btw) and Community (still can't believe it wasn't even nominated) would have swept the drama and comedy categories, respectively. But anyway...on to the fashion!

#1 - Heidi Klum - Alexandre Vauthier

#2 - Tina Fey - Vivienne Westwood 

#3 - Sarah Hyland - Marchesa

#4 - Zooey Deschanel - Reem Akra

#5 - Kristen Wiig - Balenciaga

#6 - Jessica Pare - Jason Wu

#7 - Giuliana Rancic - Rafael Cennamo

#8 -Sofia Vergara - Zuhair Muhrad 

#9 - Padma Lakshmi - Monique Lhullier

#10 - Hayden Panettiere - Marchesa

What was your favorite Emmys red carpet look?

No comments:

Post a Comment