Sunday, February 1, 2015

JANUARY'S PINK FAVOURITES

pink
pink-makeup

January's gloomy, stormy days were spent packing away the festive decor and finishing off the Christmas chocolates in an attempt to start the new year a-fresh. A few of my lifestyle favourites included buying fresh pink tulips to brighten up the home, throwing my hair up with a velvet pink scrunchie and spending the evenings feeling young again by colouring in sheets of pages, playing 4 in a row hearts with Alex and enjoying hot blueberry and blackcurrant drinks.

My favourite pink beauty products this month have been:

Sleek Blusher in Pixie Pink: Sleek blushers are my favourite highstreet blushers. The shade range is so pretty, they're highly pigmented, long lasting and you only need to use a small amount for great colour payoff. Sleek Pixie Pink is a vibrant pink blusher that's really brightening for the complexion and gives a pretty flush of pink to your cheeks. 

Lush FUN Pink: I really enjoyed taking long baths this month and Lush always wins for me when it comes to exciting bath products. Lush Fun is a new discovery for me, you only need to crumble such a small amount of the bar under running water for a bath full of soft bubbles. It smells amazing, like sweets and vanilla with a hint of caramel and leaves my skin feeling really smooth.

Lush Snow Fairy: This sweet, candy pink shower gel is one of my favourite products from Lush. Snow Fairy contains skin softening seaweed and so is perfect to use during the cold winter months, it keeps your skin feeling silky soft and leaves a sweet lingering scent. I always try to stock up on Snow Fairy at Christmas to last me through the year.

Lip Products: I love wearing a hint of colour on my lips and Korres lip butter in Quince has been keeping my lips moisturised this month whilst adding a tint of pink to my lips. I've also really enjoyed wearing Revlon Lip Butter in Sweet Tart which is a pretty, barbie pink that has really brightened up January's rainy days.

Real Techniques Stippling Brush: This duo-fiber brush makes applying cream blushers a dream, it picks up just the right amount of product and helps to blend blusher so seamlessly onto your skin.

Soap and Glory The Righteous ButterIm pretty bad at remembering to moisturise my skin and so in January I kept a pot of this Soap and Glory body butter on my bedside table to make sure I moisturised. It contains shea butter, aloe vera and coconut oil and keeps my skin feeling soft and hydrated.

Essie A Cut Above: As you may have seen in my recent 'Whats in my bag' post, I've been carrying this chunky pink glitter with me for quick application on the go. It looks great either layered up on its own, over another colour or as an accent nail.

I decided to carry on with my colour favourites series this month as I really enjoyed writing them last year. I may not have enough new colour favourites to do them every month but hopefully I can continue posting them throughout the year!

What were your favourite products this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment