Tuesday, June 12, 2012

2012 Target Summer Beauty Bag

Yay! My Target Summer Beauty Bag came in the mail yesterday! I just missed out on the previous bag so I was super excited to be one of the 477,500 people to get one this time around. In case you don't know (I sure didn't know what all the hoopla was about at first), each season Target offers cute little makeup bags filled with samples from brands we've all heard of such as Neutrogena, Aveeno, Revlon, Nivea, and Pantone. Samples are about the size of what you would find in a Birchbox and, best of all, everything is completely FREE!! How do you sign up for one of these awesome, free bags? Like the Target Style page which will keep you updated on when and where you can sign up for the next Beauty Bag.


I really, really liked the packaging and makeup bag!! I immediately knew what my package was when I saw it in my mailbox thanks to the little signature Target bulls eyes all over the box. The bag (apparently made by a brand called Allegro) is not only super cute, but also of surprising high quality! WAY better than anything MyGlam has ever sent me. Very nicely constructed with no strings hanging off and the inside is even lined giving it a bit of a cushion-y feel.


Inside the Bag

  • Garnier Fructis Color Shield Fortifying Shampoo & Conditioner - I stopped using Garnier products back in high school when I realized they made my hair terribly greasy, but I do have Color Treated now which I didn't back then so maybe I'll go ahead and give this a try. Nice sized foil sample and I'm intrigued by the acai berry antioxidant and grape seed oil ingredients.
  • Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter in Peach Parfait - It's no big secret I'm addicted to Lip Butters and Peach Parfait is one of my favorite shades. The packaging of this sample is peculiar - once you lift up the foil, there's enough of the lip product underneath for one use. And a little side note, after looking at the little sample card, I've determined that I own 16 out of the 20 different shades! Yes, this surprises even me!
  • TRESemme Split Remedy Shampoo & Conditioner - I don't think I've ever really used TRESemme, but, once again, the product seems almost targeted at me since I do suffer from major split ends and, thus, will also give this a try. Aside from that, I also like the little travel sized containers, and they both smell really nice too.
  • Neutrogena Ultra Sheer SPF70 Dry-Touch Sunblock - It's summer in Florida so I am always in need of something to protect my porcelain *cough*pale*cough* skin and with a crazy high SPF of 70, this will certainly do the trick. Also love that this is waterproof and fast absorbing.
  • Aveeno Smart Essentials Daily Detoxifying Scrub - I love Aveeno so I was really happy to see one of their products in the bag. I haven't tried out this particular scrub yet, but it claims to gently exfoliate skin and to be both soap and oil-free. I'll probably pack this with me when I stay overnight in Sarasota for my roommate's wedding =]
  • Also included is a little coupon booklet that has $19 worth of savings inside. Best coupon, in my opinion? Definitely $3 off of a Revlon product! I can't wait to use this on my next Lip Butter (because I obviously just can't get enough of them)!


Did you get a Summer Beauty Bag? What did you think?

Also, I am SO close to 100 followers (thank you so much, guys!!) so be on the look out for my very FIRST Giveaway that will include some awesome high end makeup products (haha, using that employee discount!).

No comments:

Post a Comment