Monday, June 4, 2012

TAG: 7 Deadly Sins of Beauty!

I'm finally doing one of my favorite tags, the 7 Deadly Sins of Beauty Tag! I've really been enjoying the responses to this tag on Youtube and other blogs, and couldn't wait to participate in it myself! I know I’m a bit late getting on the train but better late than never!


Note: I recorded this video in one super long 21-minute take so I had to cut out a lot of stuff to keep it at a reasonable length and not bore you all to death with my rambling. Hope the editing isn't as jarring as my lighting and fast talking lol.

1. GREED - What is your most inexpensive beauty item? What is your most expensive?
My most inexpensive would definitely be one of my E.L.F. products. Here, I have my All Over Color stick because I know for certain this was only a dollar. I really don’t use it that often. Sometimes if I’m running late to class or I’m not wearing any makeup that day and I just need a little color, I’ll put a little on my cheeks so I don't look like a completely zombie.
My most expensive would be my Bobbi Brown Extra Repair Eye Cream which retails for $68. I know that’s crazy expensive but this product really is amazing and worth the investment (especially for someone who has very sensitive under eye areas like me). Plus, you really don't need that much so it lasts a long time. I also wanted to add on that my biggest splurge product would probably be my Chanel Aqua Vitalumiere foundation which I think is $54. It’s my absolute favorite foundation, but I only wear it for special occasions because it's so pricey. I am fortunate enough that I do get all of these products at a discount though because I work within a Dillards.


2. WRATH - What beauty products do you have a love/hate relationship with? 

What product has been the hardest to get?
I have a love/hate relationship with lipgloss! I love the glossy look they give and that some can moisturize and hydrate your lips, but I HATE how super thick and sticky some can be and that somehow my hair always ends up stuck in it.
My Lush products have taken some work to get since I don't live anywhere near one. Some products like my Lush Cupcake Mask can only be purchased in store so even if I wanted to order everything online, that's still one product I wouldn't be able to get my hands on. Also, any new MAC collection is always a hassle to get (ESPECIALLY the lipsticks!). 

3. GLUTTONY - What are your most delicious beauty products?


I loveee my Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub - it tastes soooo good!! Also, my MAC Tendertone has the most amazing smell - I just want to eat it!


4. SLOTH - What beauty product do you neglect, due to laziness?


I neglect curling my eyelashes. I was never big on curling my lashes because I never saw a big difference in my appearance in doing so. Plus, my eyelashes seemed to lose their curl almost instantly. And it was a pain to curl them because the curler would pull and tag at my lashes and often times make them fall out. Perhaps I was just using cheap eyelash curlers though - I recently bought a Chanel eyelash curler and LOVE it! It curls the lashes so effortlessly and the curl actually LASTS. 

5. PRIDE - What beauty product gives you the most self confidence?


Definitely, definitely FOUNDATION! I know everyone has said this, but it's true! If I could only wear one makeup product for the rest of my life, it would be without a doubt foundation. Like everyone else, I've struggled with insecurities about my skin and have tried Proactive and just about every acne scrub out there (a Clarisonic is probably my number one wishlist item right now). I love how foundation evens out my skin tone and covers up my blemishes - it just makes me feel so much more confident about myself.

6. LUST - What attributes do you find most attractive in the opposite sex?


This question seems a little out of place - I feel like they should've asked "what makeup product are you lusting after" but whatevs. Let's get physical out of the way and then move on to the important stuff - personality! I'll admit it, I have a very particular type - tall, slim, toned (not muscular), dark hair, nice eyes and smile, and - this might be weird - but a good jaw (ex. Ian Somerhalder ;). And for personality - I love a goofy guy that can make me laugh and laugh at themselves. I also like a guy who is genuinely a good person that inspires me to want to be better as well. Also, it's really important that a guy is passionate about something to me. 

7. ENVY - What items would you most like to receive as a gift?
I would love to get perfume as a gift! Up until a couple weeks ago, I actually have never owned any perfumes (plenty of body sprays, but no actual perfumes because they were so expensive), however, thanks to a big limited time 45% employee discount, I decided to get Taylor Swift's Wonderstruck and Marc Jacobs Daisy. I have to say that I have officially been bit by the fragrance bug and now I can't wait to have my own little perfume collection (I'm looking at Katy Perry's Purr next). I also think nail polish makes a great more affordable gift - I can never have enough!

And that is it for questions! I had a lot of fun doing this, and if you haven’t participated in this tag yet, I tag you! I would loveee to read your responses! Also, if you've already done this tag, feel free to post a link to it in the comments and I'll check it out! Have a wonderful rest of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment