Monday, June 11, 2012

Review: Benefit Snow White and the Huntsman Rare Beauty Kit

One of my first purchases at Tallahassee's brand spankin' new Sephora was this lovely Limited Edition "Snow White and the Huntsman Rare Beauty Kit" from Benefit Cosmetics that claims to give you "the fairest look of the land". I picked this up because I love the few Benefit products I own and wanted to try out some of their other products like the Benetint I've heard so much about and High Beam. Plus, it seemed like a pretty good deal at only $45 (the full-sized POREfessional and BADgal Lash Mascara are almost $50 alone).

"This pretty and practical makeup kit lets you look into the magic mirror to reveal skin pure as snow, rose red lips and cheeks, an enchanting glow, and lashes black as night. The included train case features a fairytale-inspired lavender and silver metallic print." - Sephora website

I'll first start off with the packaging and makeup case. The soft fairytale look of packaging was probably the first thing that attracted me to this kit. I also really liked that they showed actual-sized pictures of all the products inside the kit on the back. The makeup case itself is very pretty and well-made. It's not the largest case, but it's deep and can hold quite a bit of makeup - great for travel or storing products like single eyeshadows or lipsticks.



What's Inside
  • BADgal Lash Mascara (full size, $19): A very nice volumizing and lengthening mascara. For truly "bombshell" lashes, simply pile it on - it layers on great without clumping. However, it's not waterproof and can give you "raccoon eyes" after several hours, and it doesn't tend to last very long.
  • The POREfessional (full size, $29): I have huge pores so I was really excited about this product - and it delivered. It's lightweight, oil-free, and not greasy at all. It minimizes your pores, evens out your skin tone, and makes your skin feel like silk allowing foundation and concealer glide on effortlessly.  
  • Benetint (sample size): I can see why so many people love this product! It gives such a natural, rosy color to the cheeks and lips (even if the brush still makes me feel like I'm applying nail polish to my face). Another really awesome thing about it is that it lasts pretty much all day and a little goes a long way. Quick note: apply a few dots to one cheek then immediately blend it in because it dries pretty fast...I made this mistake the first time >_<
  • High Beam (sample size): A really awesome highlighter that doesn't make you look sweaty or glittery but gives you a nice, shimmery pearly glow. Like the Benetint, it dries fast and a little goes a long way (I still wish there was more though because I'm afraid of it running out).
  • Also included is a step-by-step booklet that shows you how to achieve that flawless "Snow White" look using the products in the kit.


The Verdict
Overall, this is a really nice kit at a great value! The product selection fits very well with the "Snow White" theme in that they all aim to enhance your natural beauty. If you've never tried Benefit products, this makes a great starter kit; or if you're like me and just want to try out some of their popular products without splurging, I definitely think you should pick this up. Also makes a great gift for someone who likes Benefit, Kristen Stewart, or Snow White!

No comments:

Post a Comment