Wednesday, August 21, 2013

August 2013 Ipsy Bag


It's August so you know what that means! Everyone is getting ready to go "Back to School" including this month's Ipsy bag. The theme is Glamour Academy which Ipsy claims is "full of beauty essentials that are perfect for stashing in your school bag or when you're prepping for your next big party." Well, let's check it out.


This month's bag is pretty standard especially after last month's cylinder vinyl bag. It's a purple color with gold "Ipsy Glamour Academy" crests printed all over it. Usually I hate it when companies plaster their logo all over a product but here it works with the theme and I think it's actually a cute design with the various makeup products in the coat of arms (I think that's the right term) design. As with past bags, the outside of the bag is made with a satin-like material and the lining at the top is a reinforcing vinyl strip.


In the Bag:

Noya Cherry Lip Balm - I'm not a big cherry lip balm fan, but I'm definitely intrigued by this product - especially because it's made of all-natural ingredients (Coconut Oil, Beeswax, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, etc) and preservative-free. It also has a very nice scent that I'm sure if I liked the smell of cherries more I would be all over. Finally, while the box with its water splashes make it look extra refreshing, I can't help but think it's a bit unnecessary and waste of resources. Receive 20% off any purchase at noyabeauty.com with code: IPSTER.

Pixi Beauty Lash Booster Mascara in Blacket Black - Gave this mascara a try and while it certainly didn't "boost" my lashes or give much volume like I was expecting, it didn't clump and gave a very natural "my lashes but better (and darker)" look. Receive 20% off any purchase at pixibeauty.com with code: PIXI+IPSY.

Chella Dazzling Dark Brown Pencil - I have only used powder on my brows, but have been considering buying a pencil so I was very happy to see this in my bag. My brows are VERY dark and this was a bit lighter but actually blended pretty well to give a natural look. The formula is very smooth and creamy and the mechanical design ensures an always defined tip. Also, while I'm not used to seeing such a skinny brow pencil, I do love the size - makes it very easy to handle and create precise brows. Receive 20% off any purchase at chella.com with code: BROWPENCIL.

Pacifica Alight Multi-Mineral BB Cream - I've been getting a lot of Pacifica in my bags recently, but I don't really mind because so far I've liked everything I've received. This BB Cream claims to have "specialized mineral pigments that instantly adjust to your skin shade" - well, it's not instant, but with some good blending it eventually does. It leaves your skin feeling hydrated and with a natural and dewey look, but there's VERY light coverage and it leaves a little bit too much shimmer for my liking. Would have been nice if it came in a slightly bigger tube (I'll probably only get 2-3 uses out of this) and included SPF as well. Receive 20% off any purchase at pacificaperfume.com with code: IPSY20.

Michael Todd Jojoba Charcoal Facial Scrub - I've been wanting to get my hands on some Michael Todd Skincare products so I was probably most excited about this product. I've heard people say Michael Todd products are the best thing since sliced bread and also that they're overhyped and not all they're cracked up to be. Who's right? Well, I haven't tried this out yet because I'm saving this for my second California trip in two weeks, but I'll definitely let you all know. What I can say is that it's a decent sample size, has no overpowering fragrance, and claims to gently exfoliate, remove impurities, and leave skin feeling fresh and smooth. We shall see... Receive 30% off any purchase at michaeltoddtrueorganics.com with code: AUGIPSY.




What did you get in your bag?

No comments:

Post a Comment