Wednesday, August 13, 2014

FIVE THINGS: I LIKE TO DO IN SUMMER

things-to-do-in-summer

Although I'm not the biggest fan of summer, there are a few things I like to do to make the most of it! I love Lazy summer mornings, eating brunch and dining al fresco and painting my nails in hot coral pinks. Here are a few things I've tried to do this year:

1. Spend time at the beach: The cool sea breeze is always welcome on warm summer days, I love to dip my toes in the sea, collect pretty seashells, have picnics on the sand and skim stones!

2. Eat well: My diet consists of a lot of fresh fruit, ice cold smoothies made in my nutribullet and salads in the summer. I've been enjoying a cous cous and grilled halloumi salad for tea and strawberries with some Nutella if I want a treat!

3. Buy fresh flowers: I love being surrounded by fresh flowers during summer and so I always try to make sure that I have some for my desk. I've discovered peonies this summer and I'm absolutely in love with them. Unfortunately I think peony season is over now but I've loved having them on my desk!

4. Wear bright make up: My wardrobe consists of black and grey all year round but in the summer I love to wear bright lipsticks and nail polish. I've been wearing Essie Peach Daiquiri non stop on my nails and Revlon colourburst matte balm in Unapologetic on my lips. 

5. Stay cool and Hydrated: Adding lemon, frozen blueberries and cucumber to water is a great way to keep cool and hydrated in the summer. I always make sure to wear SPF and try to avoid the sun at the hottest points of the day!

What are your favourite things to do in Summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment