Thursday, May 31, 2012

Friday's Fancies: Rock the White

This week, I decided to participate in my first Friday's Fancies hosted by Long Distance Loving. The theme was "Rock the White" paying tribute to the old saying about wearing white after Memorial Day. White makes such a great base to add pops of color on top of and I was originally going to add a turquoise necklace or some coral sandals or a yellow bag, but I decided to do my best to just stick with whites and metallics. 

I started off with a lovely white maxi dress from Topshop. I like that it's simple but elegant and makes a great base for accessories of any color. I'm crazy about high-low or "mullet" dresses, but I liked that this was a little different with the center split.

I added a thin BCBGMAXAZRIA belt to give the waist some definition. I love the contrast of the dark faux leather against the stark white. Other accessories include a draped stone necklace from Forever21 (I honestly buy almost all my accessories here), a silver Michael Kors ring, and some classic Gucci gold/white Aviator sunglasses. The ALDO wedge sandals add a sophisticated touch and the Rebecca Minkoff Mini 5-Zip M.A.C. clutch completes the look.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment