Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Micellar waters - Bioderma and Garnier

Micellar-water

In Vienna last year, I stumbled upon a pretty little pharmacy that sold Bioderma. I paid €19 for a 500ml bottle which is roughly £15. I tried it that night at the hotel and fell in love. The next day my boyfriend bought me this little €7 travel sized bottle so that I could use it and keep the bottle to use whenever I'm away from home as the 500ml size can be quite heavy to carry around! 

A Micellar water consists of microscopic oils held in water molecules so that they cleanse the skin gently and effectively. Bioderma removes make up well, contains cucumber extract making it gentle on the skin and it feels like you are just using water to remove your make up. I have combination skin and I feel it works well with my skin and doesn't dry it out or leave it feeling oily.

I bought a 400ml bottle of Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water in savers for £2.99 which is a lot more affordable than Bioderma. The Garnier Micellar water feels less gentle on my skin, It can leave my skin a little red but for me it still removes make up as well, if not better than Bioderma.

Due to this I use them both for different jobs. I use Bioderma as a cleanser after a face wipe to cleanse my skin and remove any last traces of make up before I moisturise and I use the Garnier Micellar water as a Make up remover as it really strips everything away. I'm not sure if I will repurchase the Garnier Micellar water but it's definitely great to try if you can't get your hands on some Bioderma!

What is your favourite Micellar water?

No comments:

Post a Comment