Tuesday, April 22, 2014

COOL TONED PINK LIPSTICKS

Top left - Revlon Showy, Top right Maybelline Fuchsia Flash, 
Bottom left - Revlon Sultry Samba, Bottom right Chanel La Diva

This is my favourite shade of pink lipstick, you can see in the swatches there are subtle differences between the shades on my lips but they are all cool toned fuchsia/magenta pink.

Revlon Showy is a matte cool toned pink, you need to prep your lips well before applying this as it shows up any imperfections/dryness. This lasts around 2-3 hours on my lips and is the lightest colour of the bunch.

Maybelline Fuchsia Flash is a bright fuchsia pink. It has a lovely creamy texture, feels hydrating and lasts well on the lips. I like to dab a bit on the middle of my lips and blend out to make it a bit more subtle as this is the only lipstick of the lot that isn't matte.

Revlon Sultry Samba is a slight shade darker and contains more purple than the rest, it is quite sheer when swatched making it more subtle but is buildable to a pretty matte pink/fuchsia. This is my second favourite of the bunch, it lasted well on my lips and is great for an everyday lipstick.

Chanel La Diva - My favourite. The perfect shade and formula, this lasted 5-6 hours on my lips and when it started to fade it left a pretty pink stain on my lips. I find brighter lipstick shades are easier to wear when matte, it seems to tone down the look and feels pretty and chic. 

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment