Tuesday, April 3, 2012

2012 Kids' Choice Awards: Best Dressed

I am so pleased with the fashion choices at this year's Kids' Choice Awards! It can be a tricky event to dress for because you don't want to look too formal or too casual and if you're young you don't want to dress too old and if you're old you don't want to dress too young. Really, the key to this event is looking age-appropriate and fun - you want to appear effortlessly stylish and not like you're trying too hard. I'm happy to say that most stars pulled this off and looked great. Here were my top 5 favorite looks:

#1 - Selena Gomez - Dolce & Gabbana

On anyone else, this look probably would not have worked and instead have looked trashy. Selena, however, has always managed to find the perfect balance and combination of cute and sexy and, once again, looks amazing as usual in this D&G two-piece which consists of a floral bustier top and a gorgeous crystal-embellished skirt. She completed the look with a pair of drool-worthy two-tone pink and orange Cesare Paciotti studded heels.

#2 - Taylor Swift – Maria Lucia Hohan

Taylor was honored with the “Big Help” award by Michelle Obama for her ongoing charity work. She accepted her award in a very sweet and girly ballerina-inspired gown and accessorized with gold Nicholas Kirkwood sandals and Lorraine Schwartz jewelry. Love her blue nails and braided up-do.

#3 - Emma Stone - Antonio Berardi

Emma is back to her natural blonde and looking super chic in this feminine nude/blush dress (which I adored on the runway for its simple but unique construction). She paired the dress with great nude Alejandro Ingelmo ‘Gilda’ wedges and Irene Neuwirth jewels, but we all know her best accessory was her adorable boyfriend and future Spider-Man, Andrew Garfield.

#4 - Sarah Hyland – Myne

Sarah stood out in this great red wraparound maxi dress which featured a thigh high split which she paired with a Kotur gold clutch and strappy Cesare Paciotti sandals. I think she looks great - my only complaint is that her center-parted straight hair is a bit boring.

#5 - Ashley Tisdale - Kymerah

I might be in the minority here, but I do like this dress even if I'm not the biggest fan of it on Ashely (I think a dark-haired celeb like Selena or Sarah could've really rocked this). I'm a sucker for high-low dresses and I like the sheer coral over the black and white pattern, but I'm not feeling the black Brian Atwood fringed heels or the random red stripe in her hair.

What were your favorite looks from the Kids' Choice Awards?

No comments:

Post a Comment