Sunday, April 1, 2012

February & March Birchbox

I have been SUPER happy with the two Birchboxes I've received so far. Both have been filled with a good variety of high-end and interesting beauty products (including some I would normally never even think of trying): two things I really look for in a good beauty box subscription. They also have killer customer service and their shipping is on point.


I love the Birchbox packaging! The pink outer mail packaging is an eye-catching pink color. The actual "Birchbox" inside is made of a nice quality cardboard material. I'm very impressed with how everything is always neatly arranged and packaged within the box using tissue paper and ribbons. It really does make each box feel like you're unwrapping a gift. Note: The photo below, unfortunately, do not show this impeccable packaging as these pictures were taken almost a month or two after I received and unpackaged all my products.

  • Benta Berry G-1 Moisturizing Face Cream - A French all-natural moisturizer new to the U.S. that's supposed to moisturize, regulate your skin's oil levels, and reduce breakouts. It's a fairly thick cream that absorbs rather quickly and has a light scent to it. Nothing all that special or different from your regular old moisturizer though.
  • dermalogica Daily Microfoliant - I'm absolutely obsessed with this product! I was really excited to try it since it's such a unique product being a powder that turns into a paste when you add water which you can then use to exfoliate your face. Let me tell you, this stuff is amazing! My skin feels so clean and smooth after using it. I'll be so sad when it runs out, but fortunately they give you a decent amount. This is definitely a product I'll be saving up my Birchbox points for (the full size costs $50). 
  • Jouer Luminizing Moisture Tint - I love tinted moisturizers as an alternative to foundation and I've heard great things about this product. Wish the tube was a little larger though.
  • Violent Lips Temporary Lip Tattoos - This is certainly a product I would normally never dish out the money to try. Not sure when I'm going to need gold glittery lips, unless I was going to dress up as a Hunger Games Capitol citizen, speaking of which, I realized these were used in Whitney Lee Milam's "Girl on Fire" makeup video.
  • Lifestyle Extra: Supersmile Powdered Mouthrinse - Another unique powdered product - is that a trend in the beauty world right now? Haven't used them yet, but I like the idea.
  • Birchbox Digital Download: 6 free song from indie rock band Green River Ordinance - Interesting bonus, but I haven't downloaded any of the songs yet. I will eventually.
 
  • Annick Goutal Eau d'Hadrien - A citrus-scented perfume inspired by Tuscan groves. I'm not a big citrus fragrance person, but if I were, I'd love this. It reminds me of the grapefruit tree my family had when I was going up.
  • Color Club Nail Lacquer in He Loves Me - I was so excited to see this little trial-sized nail polish in my box! And in such a pretty pink shade! Unfortunately, it's a bit thin and takes several coats but I really liked the end result. 
  • Eve Lom TLC Radiance Cream - A hydrating moisturizer that brightens your complexion with vitamins A and C. This stuff definitely feels like quality and I love how it makes my skin feel cool and refreshed.
  • Koh Gen Do Cleansing Water Cloth - Loved these! These travel-friendly cotton cloths are soaked in "botanical-infused thermal spring water to enrich and purify your skin." My favorite thing about them is how they're able to remove makeup, including waterproof mascara, so easily and quickly.
  • Traditions by Nick Chavez Yucca Root Shampooing Cream - Made with wild yam and yucca root - interesting. Haven't tried it yet, but I'm looking forward to it. Plus, look how much they give you! Big samples make me happy!
  • Lifestyle Extra: Tea Forte skin-smart Teas - Have not tried these yet, but I love the idea of a tea that helps your skin. Can't wait to try since if I end up liking them, they're only $6 for 16 tea bags.
In a nutshell, I'm really, really obsessed with Birchbox and the products they've sent me, and I can't wait to see what they bring me in April.

What do you guys think of Birchbox?

No comments:

Post a Comment