Sunday, June 15, 2014

BLUE OMBRÉ GLITTER NAILS

Nail art
blue-ombre-nails
ombre-nail-tutorial

I fell in love with Ingrid's Blue Ombré Glitter mani and so I thought I would try and recreate it. It's perfect for summer and looks so pretty on the nails!

To start my ombre nails I used Liz Earle's strengthening nail colour in 'Rhapsody In Blue'* on my thumb, it's the perfect midnight dark blue colour to start the ombré mani. For the glitter I applied models own Jack frost nail polish over the top.
I used Essie Aruba blue on my index finger as a base and pressed on Nail rock glitter dust in blue whilst the Essie polish was still wet. 
For my middle finger I mixed some of Barry M's blue glitter with the Nail rock glitter dust to create an in-between shade, I mixed them together in a plastic pot until I was happy with the colour and then applied it to my nail.
On my ring finger I applied Barry M's blue glitter and on my little finger Barry M's textured nail effect in 'Lady' which is a lovely white pearl with peach glitter running through it.

To complete the look, I used a top coat to seal the glitter in and to give my nails a finished look. Overall I'm so happy with this nail look and will be wearing it all throughout summer!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment