Wednesday, September 10, 2014

AUTUMN MOISTURISERS: AM & PM

moisturiser

I believe that switching up your skincare is pretty important throughout the seasons. I like to add a bit more hydration and moisture into my routine for chilly autumn nights and a boost of radiance for those crisp autumn mornings.

AM: Darker mornings mean that I'm often left looking (and feeling) a lot more tired. If you suffer from tired, lacklustre skin like me in the mornings then Origins Ginzing energy boosting moisturiser is the perfect cure to give you a boost of radiance whilst also leaving your skin feeling soft and hydrated. It's a really lightweight gel texture and so is perfect as a morning moisturiser and you don't need to use much at all. It contains natural and organic ingredients, is paraben free and smells amazing - like a burst of fresh citrus. I've been using this every morning and the smell and radiance boost really helps me to feel and look awake!

PM: Alex bought me Kiehls Ultra Facial Cream last year on a whim, he meant to buy me the creamy avocado eye cream but as he couldn't find it online he clicked on this one instead as it had such great reviews. I thought it was so nice of him to pick something so I tried it out straight away and instantly fell in love.
This is the only moisturiser I used last winter, morning and night. We visited the Christmas markets in Vienna last December where I thought that the plane, contrast between bitter cold snowy days and warm, dry heating would wreck havoc with my skin but Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream kept my skin so moisturised and in the best condition it has ever been. If you're looking for a rich moisturiser that sinks in quickly, is soothing and hydrating without feeling greasy then this is it. I notice a real difference when I don't use this and it seems to really clear up my skin too. A little goes a long way and it lasts the whole day on me. The only downside to this is that it contains parabens, I've got my eye on the Kiehls Midnight recovery concentrate next as that is paraben free!

Have you tried either of these?

No comments:

Post a Comment