Sunday, July 10, 2011

10 Summer Essentials

10 Summer Essentials
Summer in Florida is in full force! Here's my list of essentials to beat the heat and enjoy the season to the fullest!
  1. Sundresses - I am proof that you can never have too many sundresses. I have quite a few from Hollister.
  2. Wedge heels - SO cute and they're easy on the feet! I love this pair from Dolce Vita's Target line.
  3. Bright pink nail polish - Get in on this stylish summer trend! Essie makes great shades!
  4. Watermelon - My ultimate summer fruit! Nothing is more refreshing or juicy on a hot summer day!
  5. Frozen yogurt - My go-to summer treat! Keep it healthy and pile on the fruit!
  6. Sunglasses - They don't have to be designer as long as they protect your eyes from the sun's UV rays!
  7. Lip balm - Prevent chapped lips by using a lip balm. Burt's Bees, a longtime favorite of mine, uses natural ingredients and leaves a slight peppermint tingle.
  8. Moisturizer with SPF - Let your skin breathe by skipping the foundation and instead using a moisturizer with SPF. I use Olay Complete All Day UV Moisturizer with SPF 15. I love how light and non-oily it feels.
  9. A good book - I highly recommend Beowulf on the Beach which gives a funny and easy-to-read breakdown on 50 literature classics. A very entertaining read!
  10. Bathing Suit - Wear something fun and bright! Target and Victoria's Secret make great styles. I love my yellow polka dot bikini from VS (here worn by Sarah Chalke on Scrubs)!

No comments:

Post a Comment