Thursday, July 21, 2011

Comic Con: Welcome to the NerdHQ




The first official day of Comic Con is over - phew!! The clock says it's about 9:30, but, since I'm still on Eastern Time, it feels like 12:30. I'm usually a night owl who wouldn't be feeling tired for another couple of hours, but after my nonstop day, the energy is all but drained out of me... which is why I'm going to postpone a full post of today's events till...later in the week. However, I will not leave you empty-handed. 





First thing today, my sister and I went to Zachary Levi's "Welcome to the NerdHQ" panel). In case you don't know what NerdHQ is, it's basically a mini convention set up by Zac and his company, The Nerd Machine, entirely separate from Comic Con for fellow nerds to come and hang out. Zac even recruited a bunch of his friends in the industry to participate in "Conversation" panels (many of which include signings) which you can attend for $20 per person. All proceeds go to Zac's charity, Operation Smile. Okay, now back to the Welcome panel...it consisted of Zac and the rest of The Nerd Machine gang. It was a very relaxed and intimate atmosphere. Zac and company answered questions from the audience, sharing funny and interesting stories (unfortunately, we couldn't tape anything since they were live streaming the panel). I didn't quite get everything, but I took a couple notes (of questions directed to Zac) while my sister took some pictures. Enjoy! 

















































Please note that everything below is paraphrased.





Q: What story would you like to tell?


A: I would love to see an integration of live action TV with video game
interaction.





Q: What is your favorite Chuck episode?


A: Chuck Versus the Beard.





Q: How do you find time to play video games with all of your
various projects?


A: Lots of help from good people. (re: the others on the Nerd Machine team)





Q: Nerdiest Tangled moment?


A: Singing with Mandy Moore at the Oscars.





Q: Favorite superhero?


A: Hero – Gambit, Villian – Deadpool.





Q: What video games are you currently playing?


A: Just finished LA Noir.





Q: Will there be a Chuck musical episode?


A: I don’t know.





Q: Any advice for those wanting to get into the industry?


A: If you want to get into animation, draw. Want to become an
actor, act. Want to become a screenwriter, write. Keep at it and good luck.








No comments:

Post a Comment