Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year, New Name

Hello, all!! Happy New Year!! What happened to XOXO, Amanda? Well, with the new year, I decided to go with a new name (again). I'm sorry I'm doing this again, but I want a name that gives readers an idea of who I am and what they might be reading about on my blog...which after a lot of thought, led me to the name Geeky Fashionista. While fashion is certainly a huge part of life and something I love, my biggest passion has always been my geeky interests. Being named after Mr. Spock's mother, I guess it was just inevitable that I would join my father as a hardcore Trekkie and then branch off to discover the awesomeness that is Star Wars, Doctor Who, Harry Potter, The Hunger Games, Supernatural, Avatar: The Last Airbender, Joss Whedon, anime, comic books, video games, etc. Growing up, I didn't know too many girls who shared my geeky passions, but I'm happy to see that being "geeky" or "nerdy" is now becoming more popular and mainstream. While what I write about will still be relatively the same as before, look out for more pop culture posts this year (with an emphasis on The Hunger Games, The Avengers, and The Amazing Spider-man) as I try to incorporate some geekiness with fashion talk :) Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment