Saturday, February 4, 2012

2012 SAG Awards: Best Dressed

The Screen Actors Guild Awards aren't quite as glamorous as the Golden Globes, but a little more laid back and fun - allowing some fashion risks. Although I'm more a fan of classic looks, I can appreciate risk takers such as Rose Byrne's Elie Saab jumpsuit even if they aren't my favorites. The SAGs brought some pleasant surprises (Naya Rivera actually makes my Best Dressed list! Lea Michele actually tops my Best Dressed list!) and disappointments (Shailene Woodley, you were on such a roll), and while I wasn't terribly won over by the fashion, I did love seeing all the vibrant hues mixed in with the usual blacks and neutrals that popped up on the red carpet. Here are my top 10 best dressed picks.

#1 - Lea Michele - Atelier Versace 
I still feel she tries too hard, but there's denying this gown is absolutely gorgeous.

#2 - Stacy Keibler - Marchesa
I thought only Kate Middleton could make black lace look this classy and sophisticated.

#3 - Viola Davis - Marchesa
The Outstanding Leading Actress winner looked like a greek goddess in this ethereal gown.
#4 - Emily Blunt - Oscar de la Renta
Hands down, best color of the night - and the dress is simple but stunning.

#5 - Naya Rivera - Naeem Khan
Usually a miss on the red carpet, she has never looked better in this embellished gown.

#6 - Angelina Jolie - Jenny Packham
I love how the gown looks like liquid metal.

#7 - Natalie Portman - Giambattista Valli
Such an elegant and simple look - and I love the burgundy color!
#8 - Dianna Agron - Carolina Herrara
She looks so fresh and pretty in this lovely fuchsia (another gorgeous color) gown. 

#9 - Jessica Chastain - Calvin Klein
The electric blue gown looks amazing against her fair skin and red hair.

#10 - Emma Stone - Alexander McQueen
I usually don't like this kind of silhouette, but if anyone can rock it, it's Emma Stone in head to toe Alexander McQueen.

Who gets your vote for Best Dressed?

No comments:

Post a Comment