Thursday, February 16, 2012

Philosophy's Hope in a Jar

philosophy-skincare-review

philosophy-hope-in-a-jar-review


I bought a small size of Hope in a jar to try after I became obsessed with The Vampire Diaries and had read somewhere that Nina Dobrev uses the Philosophy Hope line of skincare. I had forgotten that I bought this and so only started using it a few weeks ago. 
Initially, when opening the pot I was surprised to see that the moisturiser looked like it had curdled! It looked like curdled milk and smelled like cleaner. I quickly opened my laptop and read a few reviews online to see whether this was normal. I thought it had gone off! 

Luckily, my moisturiser was fine. The smell I'm guessing is the lactic acid, which acts as an exfoliator. The curdled texture or 'mousse' transforms into a watery, light weight, non greasy substance as you massage into your skin.
Philosophy's Hope in a jar is meant to provide a rosy glow to the skin, act as an antioxidant, soften, calm the skin and protect against environmental damage.
The first time I used this I noticed the effects almost immediately after using. my skin was smoother and started to glow. I use this at night and any blemishes I have appear reduced by the morning.

Philosophy hope in a jar moisturiser works great for me, it does what it claims to do and has really started to help improve my skin. The only downside for me is the smell. It smells like acid or cleaner, its soo strong! This makes me a bit weary as I don't like using anything too harsh on my skin. I'm glad I bought the small sample size as i use this twice a week and my normal simple night moisturiser for the rest of the days. You only need a small amount so I think this will last me quite a while, when I run out i will definitely repurchase a small pot of hope in a jar as it works so well for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment