Thursday, March 29, 2012

February & March MyGlam Bag

My camera's been broken since February so I've had to hold off on a lot posts that require me taking personal pictures (except for my Spring Break pictures since my dad took those) BUT I've just come into possession of a camera, for however long, and can finally bombard you all with the dozens of outfits of the day and beauty product reviews that I've been dying to post.  

First order of business with this new camera was to show you all what I got in my February and March MyGlam bag! The February bag arrived a week later than my Birchbox, but the March bag actually came in a day earlier than the Birchbox so hopefully they are indeed working out their logistics.

February



I love the metallic pink mail packaging MyGlam uses. It definitely stands out in the mail! The bag had a simple pattern of little hearts on it to celebrate Valentine's Day. The quality isn't great, it feels cheap and mass produced like something from Dollar Tree. I don't hate it, but I was hoping for something a little higher quality.


  • X Out Shine Control - An oil-free moisturizer that helps to eliminate shine.  I can't wait to try this out on one of my occasional "shiny" days. Decent amount of product too which is nice.
  • NYX Roll On Shimmer in Sea Foam - I know some people love NYX. I just wish I had received some other product from them. I used to be all about the roll on shimmer when I was maybe 8, but now all I can think of is Keisha. Maybe I'll save it for a day when I have to dress up as a fairy or something. I do like the color.
  • Premier Dead Sea Cinderella Mask & Eye Cream - This mask is supposed to "transform" your skin by firming wrinkles and tightening lines. There's only enough product for one use, but I'm looking forward to trying these out. 
  • NuMe Professional Styling Tools and Hair Extensions $100 Gift Card - I immediately went looking for fine print that said I had to spend at least $200 but, shockingly, there was none! Wow! I've heard good things about NuMe tools and the reviews on the site look great so I'm really excited to use this. I'm currently eyeing the curling wands since I don't own one, but the flat irons look so tempting...
  • Freeman Facial Mask Sachets in Goji Berry - I feel more hydrated just by looking and touching the pouch and can't wait to pamper myself with this mask after a long all-nighter.
  • BONUS: two pieces of Ghirardelli chocolate - I don't care for dark chocolate, but the milk chocolate was yummy (:

March



March's makeup bag is a bit more durable than February's. The outside feels like canvas while the inside is a vinyl reminding me of a picnic table cover. I'm not really a fan of the flower print, but it definitely is "Spring-y."

  • Pur-Lisse Pur-Protect SPF 30 Essential Daily Moisturizer - Seems like an all-around good daily moisturizer that could even be used as a sunscreen (if you had a little more than this tiny pouch, of course). 
  • Murad Eye Lift Perfector - Such a tiny sample! I wish there was a little more because I am always in need of something to cover my constant dark circles - eek!
  • DermStore $25 Gift Card - Okay, so this is what I'm more used to - to use this "gift card" you first have to spend at least $50. Sigh.
  • Pur-lisse Pur-Lip Comfort Daily Lip Nourisher - My favorite product of the bunch! My lips have been really dry lately and this gives incredible moisture and hydration to them. I love that it's pretty much a full-sized product and is made from natural ingredients like fruit butters and vegetable oils.
  • Keracolor Color Enhancing Leave-in Treatment - So many "natural" products! No complaints here though. I have colored hair (currently colored to my natural hair color) so I'm curious to see how it "enhances" it.
  • MyGlam Exclusive Classic Crease Brush & Case - The brush is decent and I like that it's pink (: The case makes a nice travel brush holder.
After these two bags, I have to say I'm a little disappointed with MyGlam. Thanks to the NuMe gift card and Pur-Liss Lip Nourisher I still feel like I'm getting my $10 worth, but I'd like to see bigger samples and more customization to the bags. Every bag seems to have the same products and one of my favorite things about beauty box subscriptions is seeing what different items everyone gets. I'm glad MyGlam has figured out its shipping problems for the time being, but they really need to step up what they're sending out - I get so excited seeing that pink package only to be somewhat let down :( I'll give them another month to change my mind... at least there's always Birchbox!

Are any of you guys subscribed to MyGlam? What do you think? Am I expecting too much? 

No comments:

Post a Comment