Thursday, January 15, 2015

2015 Golden Globes Best Dressed

The Golden Globes happened this past week and with that we are officially in awards season! As usual, I did not catch the live broadcast, but instead stayed up to date on all the red carpet goodness and winners through Twitter.  Highlights for me included: Tina Fey and Amy Poehler hosting because they are flawless and should host everything and, yes, women can be funny; Gina Rodriguez's win for Jane the Virgin because she's a wonderfully charming actress in a wonderfully charming and underrated show and the win was totally deserved (and historical! as it was the CW's first ever Globe win); How To Train Your Dragon 2's win for Best Animated Feature because while I do LOVE me some The Lego Movie, this movie was just magical and gave me all the feels; and Matt Bomer's win because it gave me the opportunity to see more of Matt Bomer. Anyway, this is a fashion post, so let's talk fashion. Here are my totally random top picks for Best Dressed at the Golden Globes.

Emma Stone - Lanvin
Not sure how I feel about that giant bow/cape thing, but it does add something and leave it to Emma to always try something different and look fashion forward and fresh. I wouldn't love this nearly as much if it were dress.

Jenna Dewan-Tatum - Carolina Herrera
I'm surprised how much I loved the color yellow at the Globes. Also surprised at how much I love this dress as the shape is a little odd especially around the middle. I think Jenna's just really working it, the contrast with her dark hair is fantastic.

 Reese Witherspoon - Calvin Klein
Simple, classic, elegant - very Reese.

 Naomi Watts - Gucci
New trend alert! Snake necklaces are in (Kate Beckinsale also rocked one at the AMAs) as is the aforementioned color yellow.

 Lupita Nyong'o - Giambattista Valli
I love how much fun Lupita has with her red carpet fashion choices, especially when it comes to color! You know she's always going to pop and look lovely in whatever she wears and this was no exception. Such a show stopper. Also her, makeup is divine.

Leslie Mann - KAUFMANFRANCO
More yellow! Love the surprise pop of green in the earrings and clutch!

Kate Beckinsale - Elie Saab
Kate looks gorgeous as usual. I love the sparkly top, the flawy bottom, and the accessories (big earrings are a guilty pleasure of mine even if not always flattering). My favorite little detail are the black nails - something so small yet I feel like it just elevates the look to another level.

Amy Adams - Atelier Versace
Super safe - I feel like she's worn something like this many times before, but the color is just oh so perfect on her.

What are your Best Dressed picks?

No comments:

Post a Comment