Thursday, January 15, 2015

FIVE THINGS I'VE BEEN READING THIS WEEK

books

1. Blogs: Recently on these cold, blustery winter evenings I've been enjoying catching up on my favourite blogs with a hot cinnamon tea. There are so many wonderful blog posts around at the moment, three I've loved this week are: Rosie's inspiring post about resolutions (#IAmEnough), Rebecca's An honest post about friendships and Cat's beautiful and inspirational Flat tour part 1.

2. Books: As part of my 2015 goals, I've been trying to take time to read a lot more this year. Along with re-reading Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, I'm also currently reading Rivers of London by Ben Aaronovitch which has been described as a Harry Potter meets Sherlock style book. It tells the story of a detective constable/trainee wizard, I'm only a couple of chapters in but I'm enjoying it so far.

3. Smoothie Recipes: In keeping with my new years resolutions and in trying to adopt a more healthy lifestyle I've been reading some new smoothie recipes to use in my Nutribullet. I found this healthy salted caramel cookie dough smoothie (with dates, vanilla and frozen bananas) on pinterest and Megan from briarroseblog has been posting some amazing recipes on instagram including a 'cheeky carrot cake smoothie' and a 'laudree inspired raspberry and rose smoothie'.

4. Pottermore: During the festivities over christmas I didn't get any time to stop and read J.K Rowlings 12 days of Christmas on Pottermore. I've been catching up on the 12 new writing pieces that she's uploaded and I'm absolutely loving them.

5. Beauty Websites: As mentioned in my previous five things I've been reading this week post, I love reading Vogue beauty to keep up to date with the latest beauty trends. I've also recently discovered Into the Gloss which is another great website for beauty inspiration.

What have you been reading this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment