Sunday, January 18, 2015

WHAT'S IN MY BAG

 photo whats-in-my-bag_zpsdc5965d3.jpg

Whilst sorting out things to put in my new H&M bag I realised that I haven't ever really written a 'whats in my bag' post. They're one of my favourite posts to read and so I thought it would be a good idea to take some snaps while packing my new bag. It also made me realise that I really needed to go shopping to buy some handbag essentials like hand cream and a proper purse, I've ordered this pretty gold and black purse from New Look but I still need to find a good hand cream - would love any suggestions please!

Over the past couple of years I've slowly decreased the size of my handbag and really cut back on the amount of things I carry around with me. I like to keep my bag light and clutter free so apart from the essentials I try to only carry things that I need.

I normally carry a book with me in my bag but since ruining my copy of Pride and Prejudice (as I always rummage around for things and end up crumpling the pages) I now just carry a book if I need one. I'm currently reading Rivers of London which tells the tale of a detective constable/trainee wizard.

I finally tracked down this mint version of the Paperchase Noto 2015 diary last weekend, I've used a page per day diary for the past couple of years now and I love reading back through them to see what I was up to in previous years. Luckily this diary fastens shut and so I can pop it in my bag without having to worry about ruining the pages. 

Now that I own some Nars lip pencils I'm excited to be able to compare them to the Maybelline color drama lipsticks. I've added the shade 'keep it classy' to my bag to test it out this week and to see how they compare. I also like to have a glitter nail polish tucked away in my bag for an accent nail or for quick application if I have bare nails. I find that a layer of Essie A Cut Above glitter nail polish can look really pretty and it dries quite quickly if I need to apply a quick coat when I'm out. Lastly I sorted through my 5 lip balms that were in my old bag and chose the Smiths Rosebud Salve lip balm to put in my new bag, it contains rose oil and is healing as well as moisturising and so perfect for winter. I've also started carrying around my Denman hairbrush as whenever I wear a scarf my hair somehow works its way into such a tangled mess beneath it.

My current perfume of choice is Vera Wang Lovestruck. It's a sweet, slightly floral scent with vanilla, musk, mandarin and pink guava. It really smells lovely and so I have placed it in my new bag to make sure I wear it more often.

Lastly, for a snack on the go I've popped some left over Christmas chocolate in my bag, we still have quite a lot left and so I'm trying to finish it up so I can finally start a healthier eating routine next week.

What's currently in your bag?

4 comments: