Wednesday, December 14, 2011

My 2011 Christmas Wishlist

My dad texts me nearly every day for me to send him my Christmas List (otherwise, he has no idea what to get me). With so much going on these last weeks before winter break, it wasn't exactly a priority, but now with exams over (WOOT!), I was finally able to sit down and compile my annual list of semi-affordable sought after items. Here's what my most fashionable and practical list to date consisted of:
  1. Crosley Portable USB Turntable (Urban Outfitters, $160) - saw this at Urban Thread and fell in love - with this I'll be able to finally listen to all my dad's old ABBA and Beatles vinyl records, as well as my iPod (and it's portable!). Love.
  2. Wispy Pointelle Cardigan (Anthropologie, $60) - so pretty and feminine, I can see myself matching this with everything from dresses to jeans.
  3. Red Rose Patch Dress (Topshop, $100)- this is one of those dresses that can easily transition from season to season - just throw on a coat and tights and you're ready for the winter!
  4. Camino Metallic-Knit Sweater (Marc by Marc Jacobs, $138) - I love the neutral colors on this sweater, and I can definitely dress it up or down.
  5. Naked2 Palette (Urban Decay, $50) - speaking of neutral colors...I'm jumping on the bandwagon here, but after seeing the gorgeous colors in the set my Big had, I could care less.
  6. Kindle Fire (Amazon.com, $199) - my sister has an iPad and while she loves it, I'd be perfectly content with a Kindle - nothing beats a real paper bound book to me, but it sure is a lot easier to carry around.
  7. Day Ladies Black Quilted Victoria Rain Boots (Kembrel, $90) - ever since I moved to Tallahassee I've been looking for the perfect rain boots for me...and I think I finally found them - love the classic black, quilting, and ribbon lacing!
  8. Salmon Ballet Pumps (Topshop, $32) - it is so difficult for me to find a truly comfortable pair of flats and Topshop's are like heaven to my feet - I've just about worn out the ones I got in Dublin, so it's about time for a new pair.
  9. Community Season 2 on DVD (Amazon.com, $22) - probably one of the most underrated shows on TV right now, every episode surprises me with its sheer creativity and originality. Plus, I love Joel McHale.
  10. JewelMint and ShoeMint pieces ($30 and $80, respectively) - just as I got hooked on Kate Bosworth's JewelMint (looking forward to my Nordic necklace in the mail), I learned about the launch of Rachel Bilson's ShoeMint (who, as most of you guys know, I'm obsessed about). Last time I checked all the shoes were sold out, but I seriously can't wait to get my hands on a pair of Rachel-designed, Steven Madden-made shoes.
What else made the list?
  1. A good trench coat - this is one thing sorely missing from my wardrobe. Since I can't exactly shell out $1,000+ for Burberry, I've been looking at alternatives. I really love Anthropologie's Elevenses Pansy Corset Trench - it's so unique and lovely with the print and lacing!
  2. Jeffrey Campbell Taupe Suede Litas (Urban Outfitters, $160) - I've heard nothing good things about these shoes, and I can't wait to own a pair myself. Yeah, they're a little pricey, but they're definitely worth the investment!
  3. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception for PS3 - because this is probably my favorite PS3 game series and you can expect me to devote a good chunk of time towards playing it - and my sister is right, the guy from Psych does look like the game character.
  4. Art of Catwalk 90-Day Membership (Art of the Catwalk, $180) - my old membership expired this semester (I remember when it was only $300 for a whole year) and I miss it so much. Two of my littles have recently started going and it's made me realize just how much I miss it. I only have about 3 months left here anyway and I'll have a lot more free time next semester, so why not?
  5. Supernatural: The Anime Series on Blu-Ray (Amazon.com, $32) - it's Supernatural and anime - how do I not already own this?
What's on your list this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment