Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Bourjois New Healthy Mix

Bourjois-healthy-mix-foundation-review
chanel-blush-dupe
bourjois-healthy-mix-blush-review-applied


I had mixed feelings when I heard that Bourjois were reformulating their Healthy mix foundation, it was already my favourite foundation for glowy, soft skin the way it was, but then on the other there were a couple of downsides to the original formula - it didn't last all day and it was very heavily scented which sometimes caused me breakouts. I was excited to see what Bourjois would change.

I bought bourjois healthy mix foundation in the shade 54 which is the shade I wear in the winter, as it's summer soon I would have rather bought shade 55 but they didn't seem to stock it in my local boots. 
I hate to say it but I preferred the original formula. I'm so glad I ended up with shade 54 as although its light in the tube, It seems to oxidise on me and become darker on my skin. It also doesn't sink as well into my skin or feel as moisturising. I applied it first with my real techniques stippling brush and then the next day with my real techniques expert face brush which seemed to work better. Don't get me wrong, its still a lovely foundation but personally, I preferred the original. 

I also bought the bourjois healthy mix blush after seeing it on Sandra's Blog as its a really good dupe for a lovely Chanel blush, I don't own a coral orange blush and I think this will look so pretty in the summer.

I've now bought so many new hyped highstreet foundations (Revlon nearly naked, the New Bourjois healthy mix, Rimmel True match foundation) which are all pretty good, but to be honest I'm wishing I saved my money and tried Nars Sheer Glow or YSL Touch Eclat Foundation which I've got a feeling that I will love!

Lesson learned I think, these all will be great for the summer and I will use them up but I think the next foundation I buy, will be from Nars or YSL.

No comments:

Post a Comment