Saturday, April 13, 2013

NYU ACE 30 NOVA Fashion & Benefit Gala

Last weekend, my roommate invited me to attend NYU's ACE 30 NOVA Fashion & Benefit Gala. She's a designer who was participating in the show so of course I came out to show my support. I didn't really know what to expect but ended up having a great time.

ACE stands for Asian Cultural Expression which I had no idea until I arrived at the venue and noticed the ethnic majority. It reminded me of being back at FSU where I participated in a lot of the on campus Asian cultural activities (I was in an Asian sorority after all). Unlike many of our events though, you did have to pay to attend this one but the money went to a worthy cause called Musicians On Call, a non-profit organization bringing live and recorded music to the bedsides of hospital patients. There were also great raffles and prizes although I, unfortunately, did not win anything. Boo.

The fashion show featured designs from fashion houses, boutiques and up and coming designers such as Brooks Brothers, Purdy Gurl, Shoptiques, AUH20 and of course my roomie, Janice Hijin Lee (I'm going to put her portion of the show in another post because she's that amazing). In between the different runway sets, there were also performances from musician Phil Good and dancer Neil "Dradle" Schwartz. Both were incredible to watch.

Here are a couple photos I took along with Part One of a recording of the entire show I found on YouTube. Enjoy!


Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment