Sunday, January 12, 2014

2013 People's Choice Awards: Top 5 Best Dressed

I did not get a chance to catch this year's People's Choice Awards- but due to my sister's insistence that I bring back my regular red carpet Best and Worst Dressed lists (and with awards season in full swing now, I guess it's perfect timing)- here I am with my thoughts on the night's fashion. Overall, I wasn't too impressed - I couldn't come up with a full Top 10 Best Dressed list so I cut it down to five - hopefully, the Golden Globes gives me a little more to work with!

Although before I start, a few thoughts: 1) I looked up the PCA Winners list and, my goodness, is there an awards show that has more categories?? 2) SO much Gravity love going on - almost too much…but I love Alfonso Cuaron and the movie was great so it's all good with me. 3) Beauty and the Beast won Best Sci-fi/ Fantasy TV Show over The Walking Dead and Supernatural?? What kind of fans does this show have? I saw a screening of the show at Comic Con last year and thought it was one of the worst pilots I've ever seen - I'm not exaggerating or trying to be harsh and I do like Kristin Kruek - maybe the show gets a lot better, I don't know, but I'm BAFFLED. 4) Moving on, seeing Sam, Dean, and Castiel win Best TV Bromance made me happy. Okay, on to the list!

#1 - Jessica Alba - Jason Wu
This dress has bandage details, a full-length zipper down the front of the dress, and lacing all down the sides…in theory, this could've turned out really trashy, but instead it's super chic, sexy, and even classy. LOVE IT! Way to go, Jess!

#2 - Jennifer Hudson - Kaufmanfranco
JHud kills it in a fierce white hot dress. Sleek, effortless, and super flattering - what's not to love?

#3 - Allison Williams - David Koma
Chic, youthful, and totally appropriate for the award show, I'm super intrigued by this initially simple-looking dress and it's futuristic detailing.  Although if this were any other color than that amazing blue that matches her eyes so well, I probably wouldn't have liked it quite as much.

#4 - Alyssa Campanella - 
I have no clue who she is (Google says she won Miss America - cool), but this dress is lovely. I know it's all about the midi trend right now and yeah, it might be a bit too formal for the occasion, but I'm a sucker for long beautiful gowns in a nice color. 

#5 - Beth Behrs - Giulietta
In a night full of midis and prints, this simple and elegant black and white gown was a refreshing stand out even if it wasn't the biggest risk-taker.

Who were your favorites?

No comments:

Post a Comment