Sunday, January 5, 2014

Sunday Social



1. Do you plan to change any of your eating habits in the new year? 
Yes! My eating habits were pretty bad to begin with so I plan on changing a lot of them! I received a Nutri-Bullet for Christmas so that's a good start. I'm also going to try to stop eating so late at night and to make more home cooked meals and eat out less often. Now you'd think one would be healthier living in a city where you have to walk around everywhere (NYC), but I think living in LA where it's essential to drive will actually help me be healthier. How, you ask? Yes, NYC made me walk, but it made me walk past tons of Dunkin Donuts and pizza places…and when they're literally right in front of you and only 99 cents a slice - oh, and you're hungry from walking! …Well, of course, I gave in to temptation again and again. Plus, it got so cold there, during the winter I basically lived off of delivery because I didn't want to have to lug groceries through the snow then up 6 flights of stairs. I definitely do not have these issues now that I'm in LA and can already see a difference in my lifestyle after just living here for a month!

2. Any workout tips to get us back in shape after the Holidays? 
I'm definitely not the best person to come for workout tips, but I guess one thing piece of advice that's probably important is to have realistic goals. I gained over 10 pounds in less than a year while living in New York. I understand that's not HORRIBLE, but I'm a petite person and 10 pounds is a significant amount of weight for me. My goal is to get back to a healthier weight through exercise and good eating. I know this will not happen in a month or maybe even 6 months. It might take me all year to get back into the physical shape I was before NYC, but if that's long it takes, that's how long it'll take. If you set unrealistic body goals for yourself, it'll only frustrate you and make it more difficult to stay motivated.

3. What is your favorite thing you did over the Holidays?
Having had my wisdom tooth removed, I couldn't do too much as I was recovering but I definitely enjoyed catching up on all my shows and binge-watching on Netflix. Haha. And of course, being with my family and my kitty, Xander. Oh, and once I was able to - eating my dad's delicious home cooked meals and desserts! His cherry pie is the BEST!!


4. What is something you hope that you accomplish in 2014 that you did not in 2013? 
Visit another country!! I traveled to Europe a couple years ago, and I've been aching to go back since. This year, I hope to make it happen! I still have yet to visit London and that's been on my To Do list ever since I was a little girl!


5. Name 3 things happening this year you are excited about and why.
1. Comic Con!! This happens every year, but I still look forward to it!
2. Finding a job in the entertainment industry! My dream is to be a casting director, but I know I have to take baby steps. Even if it's just an assistant position, I am just so happy to finally be working in the field of something I have so long been passionate about.
3. Getting my bartending certification and getting into entertainment law school. I know I cheated and squeezed in two here at the end, but there's just so much stuff I'm excited about this year! As you can see, I'm going to be a busy girl!

Are you as excited about 2014 as I am?

No comments:

Post a Comment