Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Revlon Matte Balms

Revlon-matte-balm
revlon-matte-balms-swatches
revlon
Revlon-audacious
Revlon-matte-balm-unapologetic
Revlon-unapologetic
Revlon-matte-balm-showy
Revlon-showy

I went to boots yesterday to test out the much hyped new Revlon Matte balms and they didn't disappoint. As they were on offer in boots I picked out 3 of the brightest shades to try and they have made me pretty excited for Spring!

I used a lip balm before putting on the revlon matte balm as although they don't feel drying, they are very matte on the lips and show up any imperfections. I used Lush Mint Julips to gently exfoliate my lips and then dabbed on maybelline baby lips in hydrate before applying the revlon matte balm. They have the same minty taste as the original Revlon Just bitten lip stain and the same stick packing which is easy to twist up, apply and throw in your bag!

I wore revlon matte balm in showy all day yesterday. it hardly transferred, stayed on for a good few hours and didn't dry out my lips. It's surprising how creamy these feel on the lips considering they are so matte, I'm really impressed  with these so far!

Audacious is a pretty matte orange, I rubbed this in with my finger to blend and only went for just one coat but it is very buildable to create a strong coral orange.

Unapologetic is a bright warm pink colour that screams spring, quite a daring bold lip but very pretty.

Showy is more of a cool toned pink, whilst in boots I swatched it next to Maybelline Fuchsia Flash and Chanel La Diva and it is quite similar to both.

I love these and plan on getting a few more to build up my collection soon, I have my eye on Elusive and Striking next!

No comments:

Post a Comment