Monday, December 1, 2014

2014 AMAs Top 5 Best Dressed

Overall, fashion at the 2014 American Music Awards were a disappointment with too many tacky outfits, however, the few ensembles I did like were gems. Also, if this awards show is any indication, the spray tan salons of LA will be doing very well this winter. 

#1 - Selena Gomez (performance) - Giorgio Armani
Selena's red carpet look was a rare miss for her in my eyes (what happened, girl?), but she made it up to me and then some with this stunning blush-colored gown during the show. It has an ethereal but subdued quality to it that was perfect for her emotionally raw and haunting performance. Also loved the soft, neutral makeup and simple half-up, half-down hair. Hands-down, my favorite look of the night.

#2 - Taylor Swift - Michael Kors
I can always count on Taylor to stun on the red carpet. I absolutely adore what the emerald green is doing for her, really complementing her flawless hair and makeup. Taylor is known for her girly and feminine looks, but I like how this shows a different, more grown-up side to her, while still being youthful and fresh. I'm not the biggest fan of the illusion neckline but I don't hate it here. Overall, I think she looks super chic and classy.

#3 - Kate Beckinsale - Kaufmanfranco
I was happily surprised to see the forever youthful and beautiful Kate Beckinsale at the AMAs. As I've said in the past, this woman would look gorgeous in a garbage bag and would somehow also make it look elegant, but we've never had to come to that as she also has impeccable style. Kate looked totally on point in her slinky white backless gown with plunging neckline, side cut outs,  statement snake necklace, and high ponytail. This look is the perfect balance of classy and sexy - something Kate excels at and something young Hollywood should take note of.

#4 - Fergie - Halston
Fergie is usually a miss for me, but this is probably one of her best looks yet. She looked glamorous yet edgy in her sleek black gown with it's halter top, high slit, and metallic accents, perfect for the event. I love how the look is balanced with pretty, fresh makeup and long soft waves.

#5 - Karlie Kloss - Pamella Roland
It took me some time to decide who should round out my Top 5 as I wasn't too impressed with many of the other red carpet looks. Upon searching for event pictures of T-Swift, I came across photos of her BFF Karlie wearing this knee-length, crop top 2-piece. It's nothing super innovative, but I like that it's fun and event and age appropriate with it's bit of edge and sexiness.

What was your favorite AMAs look?

No comments:

Post a Comment