Monday, December 29, 2014

Merry Christmas!


Yes, I'm still posting about Christmas. After posting about my outfit and makeup, I'm finally sharing with you all my actual Christmas day experience with my family.

To get the gist of my Christmas morning, you can go ahead and watch my recent Get Ready With Me video so I won't bore you with too many details here. Note about the Santa letter though - it's a tradition that my sister and I leave out letters with questionnaires for "Santa" to write back. Some of the examples of questions we ask are "If you could switch places with someone who would it be?" Santa's response? "Your dad seems pretty cool." Haha.

This year, Christmas dinner started exactly on time at 4pm. If you know my family and I, that is quite an accomplishment. My dad made turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, sweet potato casserole, dinner rolls, and pumpkin pie while my mother brought over our family-tradition noodles and homemade cranberry sauce. Everything was delicious and quickly eaten.

Once we were all full of yummy food, we gathered around the tree and opened presents. My sister and I first checked our stockings - they were full of chocolate-covered marshmallow Santa bars and 6 mini flashlights... "Santa" continued to show a sense of humor through his gifts as I later received 2 more full-sized flashlights, a cat clapboard, a scary cat face hoodie, a "Cat Crazy" t-shirt, and the movie "Cat Women Of the Moon." One thing is for certain, Santa knows I love cats.

When we were all done with gifts, we headed out to the movie theater to see "Mockingjay Pt One." Unfortunately, we were running a bit late and upon arriving, there was a HUGE ticket line. Seeing as there was no way we'd be able to get a ticket before the movie started, we decided to head back home and watch a movie on Netflix instead.

Pretty standard, nothing too exciting, but it was still a wonderful Christmas to me because I got to spend it with my family. Check out the photos from throughout the day below!


My sister loved her new Star Trek Spock change purse! Gotta say, I'm a little jealous! 
Got my own copy of my all-time favorite Christmas album!
Two of my favorite geeky gifts - a TARDIS beanie and a 2TB External Hard Drive!
One of my gifts to my sister - a new bath rug!
My gift to my dad - he got some good laughs out of it xD
Hope you all are having a wonderful holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment