Wednesday, March 6, 2013

February Favorites


Despite being the shortest month of the year, February was a crazy event-filled 28 days that brought us Valentine's Day, New York Fashion Week, The Oscars and every other award show out there. January was a bit rocky for me as I was just moving to New York and trying to get settled down while working nearly 50 hours a week, sleeping on a couch for 3 weeks, dealing with severe intestinal pain (and putting off seeing a doctor about it), and coping with the loss of a friend and my kitty who passed away the same week. As difficult as it was (and believe me, I had my share of emotional breakdowns), I survived January into February. Fashion Week was right around the corner, I found a great little apartment with two amazing roommates...things were starting to look up until I got the cursed flu :( I missed a fashion week show and another event I was excited about during my worst days but was luckily able to come around (albeit still pretty ill) for the last day of NYFW for the Badgley Mischka show. It's been an exhausting, roller coaster two months but I'm still fighting and holding on and excited about what my future has in store for me (even if I don't know exactly what that is). But with all that heavy stuff out of the way, let's change gears and move onto what I loved this month.


Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation. This is my new favorite drugstore foundation! It is SUPER light feeling! It's also very moisturizing, blendable, buildable, and natural looking. It still looked great even after 10 hours of wear!

MAC Sheertone Blush in Pinch O'Peach. The name is deceiving as it's not peach-colored at all. It is a very nice pink color that looks great on those with fair-skin. It gives you a wonderful natural, rosy glow. I've been wearing this a lot lately.

Anastasia Brow Powder Duo. I'm just now realizing the tremendous difference filling in your eyebrows (especially when they are as funky as mine) can make! I love this little duo because it's super convenient and comes in two brown shades. I use the lighter shade to fill in my little sparse areas and the darker to sharpen around the edges. Definitely a product I use everyday!

Diorshow Plumping Lash Serum. This product has easily made it to my Holy Grail list. I have very light eyelashes, but this serum amps them up making them look thicker and longer. Any mascara I use, this enhances it and makes it even better. A little pricey as it is Dior, but worth it and I've already purchased a second tube for as soon as this first runs out.

NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk. Who doesn't love this product? I've always been a fan of my Milk, but I've been extra loving it these past two months. Even on days when I go completely bare on the eyes, I'll still dab on a little bit of this in the corners just to brighten up my face a little bit and not look completely dead even if I do feel like a zombie.

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Cherish Devotion. I love the subtle pink color (it reminds me of MAC's Creme Cup) and the fact that this stays on for hours! It smells like mint and goes on very smoothly and moisturizes yours lips. The only downside is that it does dry out after a while so I always make sure to pair it with a gloss...like the one below.

NYX Lip Gloss in Beige. Another misleading name - I don't know why it's called "Beige" when it's obviously pink lol. It's a great everyday color that moisturizes without being too sticky. One of my definite go-to lip glosses.  

Revlon Lip Butter in Red Velvet. I love my lip butters and my latest purchase is no exception. It's a beautiful super-pigmented deep red color that leaves a nice stain. 

China Glaze in Liquid Leather. Look at me becoming a true monochromatic New Yorker! This has been my go to color since moving, since I pretty much don't go a day without wearing something black anymore, it's a safe bet no matter what I'm wearing.

Redken All Soft...again! and Real Control. Redken once again makes my monthly favorites for simply working miracles on my hair. I ran out of my old Redken and turned to Clear Scalp Therapy (which is also amazing), but I had to leave those at home. I came up to NYC with my Lush shampoo and conditioner bars which are great in a pinch but not for longer than week, especially in such cold, dry weather. I'm such a cheapie though I didn't want to bite the bullet and pick up just any NYC-overpriced shampoo but thankfully, on a quick trip back home, I was able to pick up 2 liters of Redken at Ulta during their sale and bring them back up to NYC with me. Just after one wash, my hair was thanking me.

Cup Noodles Chicken Flavor. I lived off of these when I first came to New York. They are SO cheap and easy to make. They're HORRIBLE for you - there's 1600mg of sodium in it, but, my goodness, for how tasty they are and at that price...

Bolthouse Farms in Amazing Mango. On the healthier end of the spectrum, I loveee this juice. It's high in Vitament A, C, and E AND tastes amazing indeed.


Grace and Lace Alpine Thigh Slouch Socks. Aren't these super cute? I heard about them through missglamorazzi from Youtube. They are so soft and comfy and are great for lounging around the apartment or pairing with boots to keep your feet and legs extra warm.

dav Quilted Victoria Rainboots. I adore these rain boots. They've been doubling as my snow boots and go super cute with the Grace and Lace socks. I took my time before buying rain boots because I didn't want just any rain boots. What I love about this is that it's simple and sophisticated and the little things like the quilted and lacing details.

Northface Women's Triclimate Jacket. This jacket is a godsend. I was not properly prepared for the cold weather in New York and this thing has been a life saver. It's super insulated and keeps me warm without being heavy and bulky.


The Mindy Project. This show is sooo underrated!! I was hooked from the pilot (which I've probably seen 6 times now). Mindy Kaling is one of my new role models as she is just so sharp and funny plus has incredible taste and style! I feel like not nearly enough people watch this show and that needs to change STAT.

Django Unchained.  Such a GOOD movie!! It's nearly 3 hours long, but the time flies by because it's such an entertaining film. Tarantino at his best. No wonder he won the Best Screenplay oscar - the script is brilliant as is the acting.

Jennifer Lawrence. Who doesn't love this imperfectly perfect flawless human being?



What were your favorites this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment