Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Weekend Shenanigans

Hey guys, I meant to post this on Monday but life got in the way >.< (don't you hate it when that happens?). This weekend was actually quite eventful, and I'm now kicking myself for not taking pictures to share with you guys. So beware: lack of pictures of lots of text ahead haha xD

Let's start off with Friday night since I can't remember what I did in the morning besides pick up my laundry and run a couple other errands. I was really excited about going out that night. My roommate, Janice, had a friend in town as did my cousin (who lives about a 10 minute walk from me yet I hadn't seen in over a month) so I was excited at the prospect of meeting new people and having fun in a big group. We didn't really have any structured plans, but we figured we would see where the night would take us. We started off the night at a bar called Bua where I got the very Foursquare-recommended drink, Red Lemonade. Unfortunately, I think there was a little bit too much lemon and too little red. It was not the fruity strawberry lemonade drink I was imagining. Oh well. I stuck with various dark ales and ciders the rest of the evening. Then we moved to a larger bar called Spitzer's. Afterwards, we were feeling a little hungry so we headed to a tiny (there's literally three stools inside) late night taco shop called Snack Dragon. All their tacos come on blue tortilla shells like the Carne Asada taco I ordered below. Quite tasty, but maybe just a dollar or two overpriced at $4-7 a taco. What can I say, blame it on Taco Bell, but I'm a cheapskate when it comes to tacos xD Our last destination was a super crowded bar that played non-stop hip hop music. Not really my scene, but we were all getting tired anyway so we didn't stay too long before going home for the night.

The Carne Asada: marinated steak, black beans, homemade salsa, cheese, sour cream and cilantro
Saturday, I started off my day with breakfast with my roomie, John, at a little diner called Coffee Shop Diner (creative, isn't it?) that was actually featured in an episode of Louie. Afterwards, we both did some spring cleaning around the apartment during which time my cousin came over and dropped off a package that my dad had sent me from home. It contained homemade oatmeal raisin cookies (so yummy!), boxes of Kraft Mac n' Cheese, 2 containers of pepper spray, and a mini can of spaghetti-os (random but so cute!). John and I got an hour in at the gym before it closed then grabbed some food at Sushi Lounge before parting ways for the night.

stillbeingmollyI met up with my friend Chandra at an Irish tavern not too far from my apartment. Her roommate, Jackie's, friend's friend (I hope that make sense) was celebrating his birthday with a bunch of guys from the NYU hockey team. I felt like the old lady of the group (in the best way) as I sipped on a Guinness and watched with amusement as weirdness unfolded around me. It was one of the those bizarre nights that ends with you walking home at 6am after visiting a McDonald's where you and your one friend order 40 chicken McNuggets and you end your no-fast-food streak while drunk Canadian tourists wave a stack of twenties in your friend's face and she convinces them she has no name and that you are only 16 years old. I was also called a young Jennifer Lopez and a young Selena Gomez - even though I'm order than her...but I'll take it. And the kicker - I only had two beers the whole night! Oh, shenanigans indeed xD

Wearing my new Urban Outfitters crop top that I scored for $5 at Buffalo Exchange.
After two nights out, Sunday was pretty low-key aka I spent most of my day watching Law and Order: SVU on Netflix. Oh, wait, I did do grocery shopping. See, I was productive :D

How was your weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment