Thursday, May 10, 2012

2012 MET Gala: Best Dressed

Next to the Academy Awards, the MET Gala, this year honoring Elsa Schiaparelli and Miuccia Prada, is probably my most looked forward to fashion event. Stars and designers really step up their game, and the result is a fashion lover's dream. I was impressed with so many of this year's looks! So many stars, so many amazing gowns!! But along with so many hits, there were some monumental misses (Worst Dressed post coming soon - haven't done one of those in a while!). Because it was so difficult for me to rank the looks, instead of my usual Top 10, here are my 15 favorite looks in no particular order (except for the first two).

Ashley Greene - Donna Karan Atelier
My favorite look of the night! She looks head-to-toe flawless.

Nina Dobrev - Donna Karan Atelier
Nina kills it (as usual) at her first MET Gala appearance.

Scarlett Johansson - Dolce & Gabbana
I like it, but probably would have looked even better with soft pink lips.

Gisele Bundchen (with Tom Brady) - Givenchy
I feel like I've definitely seen this dress before, but it's gorgeous and she rocks it either way.

Amy Adams - Giambattista Valli Haute Couture
Classic and simple, she looks so lovely and elegant.

Marion Cotillard - Christian Dior
Not sure what's going on with her hair, but I love the gradient effect of the gown.

Emily Blunt (with John Krasinski) - Calvin Klein
I love the color and the back looks amazing!

Emma Roberts - Escada
Another great bold color, I love that she paired it with the thin royal blue belt.

Dianna Agron - Caroline Herrara
I love how soft and feminine this look is - and again, amazing color! 

Jessica Alba - Michael Kors
Love the Old Hollywood 1940s look with retro curls and ruby red lips.

January Jones - Versace
I can't help but think Silk Spectre from Watchmen, but she does look great.

Katharine McPhee - Elie Saab
She looks phenomenal in this so-on-trend tangerine color.

Hilary Swank - Michael Kors
Love the rushing and color (there seems to be a trend here), although I probably would have styled it a little differently.
Lea Michele - Diane von Furstenburg
Still think she's trying too hard, but I love the color on her and the fit is great.

Rashida Jones - Tory Burch
The dress is pretty and all, but this is probably more on my list because I love Rashida so much <3

What look was your favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment