Monday, May 7, 2012

Loreal Haul

loreal-rouge-caresse-lipstick-review
loreal-sahara-treasure-swatch
loreal-super-liner-review-swatch
loreal-rouge-caresse-lipstick-swatch

For the past year, my Staple eyeliner has been Loreal Carbon Gloss Liquid eyeliner. I wear liquid eyeliner everyday and so Loreal Carbon gloss ticks all the right boxes for me as it's long lasting, the wand is a good size and the pigmentation is strong. Recently, everytime I go into Boots or superdrug they have been sold out! I know Loreal have brought out a new line of eyeliners so I hope they're not discontinuing Carbon gloss, I can't find it anywhere!
In the end I gave up looking for it and bought the next closest thing, Loreal Super Liner in Black. It's very similar to Carbon Gloss, the wand looks exactly the same, the pigmentation is dare I say, even better than carbon gloss and its also quite matte which I actually prefer. The only downside is I don't think its as smudge resistant as carbon gloss, it is long lasting, but seems to rub off easier. 

While I was at the Loreal counter, I thought I would try out a couple more of Loreals products that Fleur mentioned in her March monthly favourites. I picked up Loreal Rouge Caresse Lipstick in 'Tempting Lilac' and Loreal colour Infallible eyeshadow in Sahara treasure.

I really like the colour of the Rouge Caresse lipstick, its a gorgeous pinky lilac colour and looks really pretty together with the Infallible eyeshadow. A lot of people actually prefer the Caresse lipsticks to the Revlon lip butters and although I love the colour and glossiness that the Caresse has, it feels more like a lipstick and the moisturising benefits don't seem to sink in to my lips. It also doesn't last as long on my lips as the Revlon lip butters do for me.

Loreal Infallible eyeshadow is by far my favourite product I picked up. It is a gorgeous taupe colour which works best applied with a fluffy brush swept all over the eye. It's such a pretty everyday colour and is fast becoming my new favourite eyeshadow! Fleur also mentioned in her video that Giorgio Armani are owned by the same company as Loreal and that this eyeshadow is similar to the Giorgio Armani eye shadows which is a bonus!

Whats your favourite Loreal product?

No comments:

Post a Comment